Artistic Director Search
Una Voce: The Gay Men’s Chorus of Tampa Bay (GMCTB) announces a search for its part-time position of Artistic Director
GMCTB has recently updated its mission statement to proudly declare: We Celebrate the Inherent Dignity of All People Through Excellence in Men’s Choral Music. To continue its goals, the chorus welcomes talented, passionate individuals with creative vision and leadership skills to apply for this position.
Since its founding in 2002, GMCTB has delivered 16 seasons of inspiring and entertaining men’s choral music. The chorus performs a diverse range of music, including Broadway show tunes, pop songs, classical works, and song cycles commissioned within the gay choral movement. Along with its spring and fall concert series, GMCTB has performed at many local events.
- The annual ASAP, Inc. Tampa Bay AIDS Walk
- The GaYBOR Coalition Mayoral luncheon in July 2013
- Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn’s inauguration in 2011
- Several St. Pete Pride & Tampa Pride Festivals
GMCTB has performed the Star Spangled Banner for the Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay Rowdies, and Dunedin Blue Jays. To build community relations with other LGBTQ musical organizations, GMCTB actively collaborates and performs with the Tampa Bay Pride Band / Tampa Bay Symphonic Winds.
The main responsibilities of the Artistic Director are:
- Nurture the musical health and growth of the chorus in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan of the organization.
- Supervise all artistic and musical affairs of the chorus, delegating tasks where necessary.
- Oversee the GMCTB Production Committee to design and develop the concepts and requirements for all GMCTB performances, including selecting repertoire, staging elements, script writing, etc.
- Serve as a spokesperson and liaison on behalf of GMCTB to broaden the involvement of the chorus in the Tampa Bay community.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest in and commitment to embracing the mission of the Chorus.
- BA or Advanced Degree in Music with an emphasis in choral conducting or equivalent conducting experience (minimum 3 years).
- Experience conducting or working with a community-based chorus and with singers of various musical skills and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exude strong leadership skills as well as balance work within a team setting.
- Flexibility in working with a diverse group of volunteers and personalities.
- Ability to work within electronic mediums: word processing, e-mail, and Internet.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, email your resume or CV with two professional references and two personal references to GMCTB at harold.gmctb@harkinsofﬁce.com. by Thursday, January 25, 2018. No phone calls, please.